Our Goal Is Excellence …
…And to achieve that we seek out the very best employees, and we expect the best from them every day. See our current Employment Opportunities below! We offer competitive wages, excellent health care benefits, a generous retirement plan, paid holidays and vacations, and the positive aspects of being a part of a close-knit team. All of our positions are for full-time, year-round work. If you’re up for the challenge of learning new skills, and want to learn more about the precast concrete industry, we want to talk to you.
Current Employment Opportunities
Precast Concrete Production Laborers
Precast of Maine is looking for individuals to work as Laborers to help turn drawings into precast concrete products for utility and infrastructure construction.
As a Precast Concrete Laborer, you will be responsible for general laboring duties associated with pouring concrete into prefabricated forms.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to; preparing molds for concrete to be poured, overseeing concrete pours, releasing concrete products from molds, cleanings molds and work stations for future product pours, reading and understanding dimensioned scaled drawings, steel fabrication, mold making, and coordinating and communicating with other production areas.
We are willing to train the right candidates who demonstrate an interest in the process, an eager to learn, are dependable, and who are motivated to work as part of the Precast team.
These positions are full time, year-round.
Requirements for all candidates:
• Ability to work independently and as a team.
• Experience with forklifts, quality assurance and quality control is beneficial.
• Previous laboring experience
• Ability to work the required hours
*Home every night, no overnight travel. Vacation, holidays, health & life insurance, dental, 401k, profit sharing, boot reimbursement, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
• Precast Concrete: 1 year (Preferred)
• Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Quality Control Supervisor
Precast of Maine is looking to hire a safety minded, detail orientated, and experienced individual to be the Quality Control Supervisor. The selected candidate will be responsible for creating and managing the quality control and assurance systems in all aspects of the design, production, and delivery of precast concrete products for utility and infrastructure construction.
The Quality Control Supervisor will be responsible for reading and understanding dimensioned scaled drawings, completing required tests on the concrete products, and implementing adjustments based on the test results. The Quality Control Supervisor is required to regularly communicate and coordinate with sales employees, the Plant Manager, and shop production employees to ensure the highest quality standards are being met for all products being produced.
Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
• Complete pre-pour and post-pour inspections such as; rebar placement, imbed and bond out locations, and dimensional tolerances.
• Review and continuously improve testing and record tracking methods using existing and customized systems.
• Perform aggregate gradations, percent (%) moisture, and other material properties test.
• Create and implement concrete mix designs.
• Troubleshoot and implement modifications following test results.
• Manage equipment performance and calibrations.
• Communicate with customers, designers, and inspectors including various state and federal agencies such as MDOT.
• Lead employees in quality control best practices training.
• Previous experience with concrete batching process, equipment, and software.
• Must be able to read and understand dimensioned scaled drawings.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must have solid computer skills.
• ACI Field Tech Grade 1 (unit weight, air, temp, VSI, spread or slump, cylinders, compressive strength); additional ACI, PCI or
NPCA certifications are preferred.
This is a full-time year-round position based in Topsham, Maine. This position does not offer relocation assistance.
Vacation time, paid holiday, Health, dental, & life insurance, 401k, profit sharing, and more!
Get the chance to feel the satisfaction of seeing the difference your effort can make!
Bring a good sense of humor and positive “get it done and done right” attitude. Enjoy working with a great crew!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Precast Concrete Project Lead Person
Precast of Maine is looking for individuals to turn drawings into precast concrete products for utility and infrastructure construction.
Interests and qualifications:
• Read & understand dimensioned scaled drawings.
• Develop casting methods using existing and customized forms and forming materials.
• Creative safe experience with concrete, concrete reinforcing, finishing & repair, foundation panel systems, carpentry, steel fabrication, mold making.
• Work independently and supervise 1 or 2 others.
• Skills with bridge cranes, lift rigging, forklifts, quality assurance and control desired.
• Coordinate & cooperate with other production areas
Bring a good sense of humor and positive “get it done and done right” attitude. We are an equal oppourtunity employer.
Job Type: Full Time