Our Goal Is Excellence …
…And to achieve that we attempt to seek out the very best employees, and we expect the best from them every day. See our current Employment Opportunities below! We offer competitive wages, excellent health care benefits, a generous retirement plan, paid holidays and vacations, and the positive aspects of being a part of a close-knit team. All of our positions are for full-time, year-round work. If you’re up for the challenge of learning new skills, and want to learn more about the precast concrete industry, we want to talk to you.
Current Employment Opportunities
Precast Concrete Production Laborers
Experience with welding, forklift operation or other heavy machinery desired. Our products are often custom made to specified measurements, it is very important that you are skilled with a tape measure, accurately reading and understanding the measurements. Also, your attention to safety is critical, as is your ability to learn new skills and grow with us.
Due to the nature of our business, you must be willing to work until the daily assigned task are complete and be willing to work as part of a team to wrap up assignments and clean work spaces at the end of the day. We will train the right candidate.
Precast Concrete Production Coordinator
Precast of Maine is looking to hire a Production Coordinator to work in the Topsham office. Reporting to the Sales Director the selected candidate will be involved with many facets of the precast concrete production process. The primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to; learning and understanding the products manufactured in the shop, coordination with the sales team to understand future product needs, working with the Plant Manager and shop leads to create and maintain a production schedule, monitoring and managing inventory levels, purchasing, and learning the dispatch process to backup and potentially take ownership of that process.
The selected candidate will be required to regularly communicate and coordinate with customers, vendors, and employees in order to develop excellent working relationships with customers and deliver exceptional quality and timely service.
Precast is looking for a candidate who is eager to learn, excited to be a key part of the close knit Precast of Maine team and motivated by the satisfaction of seeing the difference his/her effort can make.
The position is based in the Topsham office and is a full-time and year-round role.
- Previous experience in the precast or construction industry
- Ability to use AutoCAD and/or read plans
- Knowledge of advanced Excel functions
- Strong computer skills, attention to detail, and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work independently and successfully switch between tasks throughout the day
Precast Concrete Coring Technician
Precast of Maine is looking for an individual to join the team as a Precast Concrete Coring Technician. The precast shop specializes in using forms to pour and produce concrete structures for utility and infrastructure construction projects.
The Coring Technician will be responsible for using the large industrial coring machine and related equipment to core the necessary holes in a variety of concrete products such as Manholes, Catch Basins, Utility Boxes, and more.
Most of the coring duties will take place inside the shop in Topsham, ME. Due to the size and scope of some concrete products and how they are used on construction projects, some coring will be done outside of the shop and on site at the project location using the mobile coring van equipment.
When the coring needs are caught up, the selected candidate will assist in the production shops alongside the Precast Concrete Laborers. As a Laborer, duties will consist of general laboring duties associated with pouring concrete into prefabricated forms.
We are willing to train the right candidate who demonstrates an interest in the process, an eagerness to learn, is dependable, and who is motivated to work as part of the Precast team.
This is a full time, year-round position.
Requirements for all candidates:
- Previous precast concrete experience
- Previous concrete cutting experience is preferred, but not required
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Previous laboring experience
- Ability to work the required hours (6am – 5pm)
- Positive “get it done and done right” attitude
Quality Control Manager
Precast of Maine is looking to hire a safety minded, detail orientated, and experienced individual to be the Quality Control Manager. The selected candidate will be responsible for creating and managing the quality control and assurance systems in all aspects of the design, production, and delivery of precast concrete products for utility and infrastructure construction.
The Quality Control Manager will be responsible for reading and understanding dimensioned scaled drawings, completing required tests on the concrete products, and implementing adjustments based on the test results. The Quality Control Manager is required to regularly communicate and coordinate with sales employees, the Plant Manager, and shop production employees to ensure the highest quality standards are being met for all products being produced.
Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
- Complete pre-pour and post-pour inspections such as; rebar placement, imbed and bond out locations, and dimensional tolerances.
- Review and continuously improve testing and record tracking methods using existing and customized systems.
- Perform aggregate gradations, percent (%) moisture, and other material properties test.
- Create and implement concrete mix designs.
- Trouble shoot and implement modifications following test results.
- Manage equipment performance and calibrations.
- Communicate with customers, designers, and inspectors including various state and federal agencies such as MDOT.
- Lead employees in quality control best practices training.
This is a full-time year-round position based in Topsham, Maine. This position does not offer relocation assistance.
- Previous experience with concrete batching process, equipment, and software.
- Must be able to read and understand dimensioned scaled drawings.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have solid computer skills.
- ACI Field Tech Grade 1 (unit weight, air, temp, VSI, spread or slump, cylinders, compressive strength); additional ACI, PCI or NPCA certifications are preferred.
- Competitive Pay
- On-the-Job Training from Experienced Employees
- Be Home Every Night
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Vacation Time for All Employees
- 401K Retirement Planning with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid holidays
- Safety Boot Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance (company sponsored)
- Short-Term Disability Insurance (company sponsored)
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (company sponsored)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
All those benefits in addition to the opportunity to work with great co-workers!
Apply today in person at our office in Topsham. You can save time by applying to our Online Application or downloading our application and returning it in person or to Jobs@crooker.com Employment Application. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.